After a slow Summer, Canadian IT exits picked up last month with 10 deals closed. Here are the highlights for the closed deals last month:
- 10 deals closed (5 last month)
- 3 of the deals had a disclosed value. The largest was SMART Technologies’ $55M USD sale to Foxconn Technology Group.
- The companies were across Canada: 5 from Vancouver (and Victoria), 3 from Toronto.
- 5 of the companies were VC-backed. Globalive Capital had 3 exits in the month
- 5 buyers were Canadian, 3 were from the US and 1 each from Taiwan and Australia.
- 3 of the buyers were public (2 last month)
- Median time to exit: 13 years (10.5 years for last months’ deals)
- Shortest time to exit: 4 years
- Longest time to exit: 29 years
- All of the buyers were strategic.
As always, I report on these each month. If you’re interested in seeing the underlying data, I keep it here.